Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mexican Flu...I mean SWINE Flu o.0

Felt like playing with strobes... just conveying a concern in the world today.

Tokina 12-24mm f/4 SB-800 fired from below

Got the mask at work and as most know, I work at the airport. This morning I got a mask from the ramp agents that work on the Mexicana flights. In the arrivals hall, one of the agents asked me, "no mask?". I said no, didn't want to wear it in front of passengers. The Mexicana agents were wearing gloves though. Around the carousels are anti-bacterial dispensers, I just kept using that. In the CDC office in the immigration hall, there were CDC agents and doctors watching passengers coming of the flights, they say that passengers are screened before getting on the flights, but tha won't do much. Also ANA agents at the check-in counters were all wearing masks.
At dinner we had a kind of sick discussion. A part of us want to see a full on pandemic of the Swine Flu, you know the stuff you see on TV. Marshall Law, curfews, airport shut downs, everything. I know it won't happen, this is just a really strong flu. People have been talking about how it is killing people, I only see that is has killed people that are not in good health or people that do not have access to adequate health car i.e. Mexico. Yes the Flu has claimed a life here in the U.S., but it was an infant (may they rest in peace) that did not have the strength to over come this flu. Many people die from the flu and a vaccine as we know it is being created now. Do we need to be worried about this pandemic, I don't think so. What do you think?

If any of my statements are false or what not please let me know, I will correct them or try to back them...

Stay safe everyone...

0 comments: